Tuesday 29 November 2016

Primary research Pt. 2

In Friday's EPQ lesson, I emailed two professors of English, who specialize in the topic area of my project, with a series of questions and politely asking if they could provide information under these questions to assist my research. Today I checked my email and was greeted with a fairly misunderstood response from one of those professors as she passionately stated that her role as a professor is not to provide answers. She also advised me to independently search for books to use for my research. I responded kindly and sincerely, reassuring her that my intention was not to ask for answers, but for information, and that I was advised to email experts to boost my research along side reading a variety of books, which I am currently. Nevertheless, I have also emailed another professor, clearly stating my reason for approaching them is for research purposes. Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment