Saturday 25 February 2017

Extra research and lit review

This week has been our half term, so I decided to utilise this time off in order to catch up on research and progress further with my lit review. I have read, highlighted and annotated the journal articles I printed off, as well as review them, and I found them to be extremely useful in providing me with a deeper insight into my project. The journal articles I read are feminist and marxist critical readings of Pride and Prejudice which I thought would be significant research as my project focuses on social and economic factors, women and class/wealth included. As marxist and feminist readings focus on gender and class in particular, this enabled me to receive a profound grasp of how these topics are explored in the novel, and the extent to which the predominance of these topics in society influenced the novel. They also went into great depth about Austen's beliefs and her aims at presenting these factors in the way she did, showing the different ways in which she was influenced by her own society.

I have also progressed onwards with my lit review, in which I will include this extra research as I found many different, interesting points, some which supported, and some which contrasted with previous views I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment