Tuesday 3 January 2017

First day back after Christmas and Mid-Project Review!

Today is the first day back after Christmas and luckily we have EPQ! I'm uncertain on the direction we have to had in next with our project and this period has reassured me massively. Before continuing with our independent objectives, Chris went through a summary of where we should be at in terms of our primary and secondary information and, as I  am this stage, I feel reassure with my project. He also reminded us that we need to keep up-to-date with our log books as we don't want to be rushing around at the end trying to piece it altogether.

As the essay writing is becoming even more imminent, Chris reminded us that we need to be getting our heads down in research so we have a sufficient amount of information to work with. He also mentioned that he had printed out a textbook that aims at supporting with writing essay and how it should be structured, so I plan on looking at this to assist me with my essay, therefore I will be more confident with planning, as well as writing the my essay.

Also, as we didn't get chance to have our Mid-Project review meeting before christmas, I requested to have it today as I felt that I made a lot of progress during the Christmas holidays and I wanted to discuss with Chris my change the planning of my tasks, as well as how to separate the research I had found, which I had typed up. He advised me, as I had around twenty seven pages of a typed up research, to separate the information based on possible subheadings that I may use in my write up, such as the role of women, complications of love, Austen's writing style, key events, family life, etc, with the reference of the source above it so I can easily track where it came from. I believe this will help a lot when I arrive at writing the section of the essay where I will be incorporating and referencing much of this research. He also encouraged that I read through this information, highlighting and annotating the key pieces of information that stand out as vital or interesting, and will enable me to form a clear narrative. Furthermore, as I was unable to find the date for some of the information that I found online, I asked Chris what to put in replacement as I was initially using (XXXX). He looked it up, as he was unsure to, and found that the best method to put '(n.d.)', which I will use during my write up. I think I forgot to method that I have decided to use Harvard referencing for my product as it is the most common for academic research papers and I have found it, generally, the easiest to understand and use.


No comments:

Post a Comment