Friday 20 January 2017

Lit Review Struggle

Chris has advised us to start our essay with the literature review and compose the other segments of writing around this. However, since this means we are diving head first into the middle of the essay, I've been struggling with how to start the review section, which research/ideas to begin with, and how I incorporate my own ideas into the comments I make on the research I have found. I mentioned my struggle to Chris today and he sat down with me and began to assist me on the beginning of the literature review section. He advised that I break my review into smaller sections as he saw that I had already sorted my research into categories relating to my project question. For example, the first section may focus on the key events in Austen's life, and then the next may focus on Regency England. Also, he reminded me of the advice he gave earlier - start with the broader ideas and gradually become more refined and specific to my project question. As I have about 27 pages of research, this means I have be spending quite a lot of time going through the information I gathered from each source and picking out the key information and ideas I want to use in my essay.

Also, Chris once again reminded us to get a folder and dividers so we can start to collate all of our work and research together... looks like I will be going shopping this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment